Are you a health professional?
Find out how we can assist you and your clients
What you can do
We can work with you and your clients
Work with your client to understand their situation
Encourage your client to do a self-assessment online to get a better understanding of their situation and level of risk.
Contact us for advice
We can provide clinical advice, referral options and information about how the treatment sector works for you and your client.
Communicate the support options available
Let your client know the range of services and support available to them.
Ask your client to call our support line
We can work directly with your client. Encourage them to call and speak with a counsellor for immediate specialist support on 1800 888 236.
How we can help
Our counsellors can provide immediate support and/or referrals for your clients.
Our counsellors can provide:
- Immediate counselling and support
- Support in dealing with the impact of drug use on families.
- Assistance in developing strategies to deal with alcohol or drug problems
- Information about how to reduce the harm associated with drug use
- Information and referral to treatment and support services across Victoria
- Links to further information and education resources
We refer to treatment services including:
- Individual counselling
- Withdrawal services
- Pharmacotherapy services (e.g. methadone and buprenorphine)
- Drink and drug driving services
- Needle and syringe collection and disposal services
- Services for Aboriginal communities
- Family, relationship and group counselling
- Rehabilitation and post-withdrawal
These services can provide assistance to you and your clients