1800 888 236
Do you have a few questions but not much time?
Our counsellors are available by email to assess your situation and suggest options. It can be particularly helpful if you don’t feel ready to start a live chat session, or if the matter is not urgent but you would like to get some assistance.
We monitor these emails Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm and we will respond to you during business hours. In a crisis we recommend seeking other forms of support:
Fire, Ambulance or Police 000
Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
How to ask a question via email
- Click on the "Get Started" button at the bottom of the page
- Sign up for access to the members portal
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions
- Complete the basic information we need to begin a counselling session
- A text box will open for you to enter your query
- A counsellor will respond to you and the response will come back to your email inbox
Why join DirectLine?
Membership gives you access to a range of services including chat sessions, self-help modules and the peer-to-peer forum
- You won’t need to repeat your story each time you start a session
- You can refer back to previous sessions for any helpful tips and referrals
- It helps track your progress so that you can see how you are going.